Monday, May 10, 2010

wood duck kayak

Well I built a boat in my basement and had no way to get it out. So I cut a hole in the wall.

I did not get to work on the kayak at all this week. But I did get two big things out of the way.

I worked about five hours designing and building
the second router fixture I needed to put the bead and cove on the deck strips.

And the big job was the window. I spent about twelve hours of very hard work. Mostly digging and moving dirt and rocks. But now I have a way to get kayaks in and out of the basement.

Now with these things out of my way I can get moving on this kayak. It seems like I have spent most of my time making tools or fixtures or jigs and windows, and have not spent any time actually building the kayak itself.

Tomorrow I will work on milling the cove on my deck strips. By this time next week I would like to be well into the construction of the cedar strip deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment