Sunday, May 30, 2010

striping the cedar deck

I am making good progress striping the cedar deck.

It is not as hard to do as most people think. It is just slow going because you have to wait for the glue to dry between strips.

I spend 30 or 40 minutes cutting, fitting, and gluing strips. Then I have to wait about two hours before doing another row of cedar strip.

I think that more people would use cedar strips for the deck if they knew how easy it is. I think that it is much easyer then stitch and glue plywood.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am very impressed. It looks like you are doing a great job. You are even making me have thoughts of building another one. I love the fact that you added the art work. That will seperate your kayak from others. Nice Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Great post very Informative, also checkout Chicago Wood Stripping

    ReplyDelete