Friday, April 9, 2010

wood duck kayak

Finally, after all this time, I have something that looks like a kayak.

It took me about five hours to stitch the four hull panels together.

Tomorow I will start glueing the seems with epoxy. When the epoxy cures, I will remove all the stitches.

It's too late to turn back now !!! The kayak is to big to get out of my man cave. You can see the window in this photo. I will have to cut through the 10 inch thick concret wall and make a window large enough to get the kayak outside.

1 comment:

  1. You may as well put in an exit well if you need to open the window. An exit well is required by code if you have livable space in the basement. Later, you or someone else could put in a bedroom or theater room and make your home more valuable.

    ReplyDelete